0207 993 6762

Student Visitor Visa

Student Visitor visa

The Student Visitor Visa enables the students to visit the UK for a period of up to six months in order to undertake a short course of study, or complete academic requirements of their previous course after their Tier 4 (General) Student visa has expired. You can also visit the UK if you are pursuing a course in any overseas higher education institution and wish to complete a part of it in UK. The visa is valid for 6 months for any course and can be extended upto 11 months only if the applicant intends to undertake an English language course.

Eligibility criteria:

  • You must be a legal adult above 18 years of age
  • You must have a place in an educational institution in UK
  • You must have enough funds to sponsor your stay and your journey back and forth

Permissions obtained from this visa

The visa enables you to pursue any course conducted by an organisation that is licensed to sponsor Tier 4 migrants. This course can also be accredited by any of the following:

  • Accreditation UK
  • Accreditation Body for Language Services
  • British Accreditation Council
  • Accreditation Service for International Colleges

Otherwise the course can be conducted by an educational institution listed by one of the following:

  • Bridge School Inspectorate
  • Education and Training Inspectorate (in Northern Ireland)
  • Estyn (in Wales)
  • HM Inspectorate of Education (in Scotland)
  • Independent Schools Inspectorate
  • Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted)
  • Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
  • Schools Inspection Service

This visa also forbids the applicant from undertaking the following during his stay in UK:

  • study in a state school
  • extend his stay in UK or his visa
  • get public funds for his personal maintenance
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
  • get private medical treatment
  • bring along dependants. They would have to apply separately.