0207 993 6762

UK Visa Sponsorship License

UK Visa Sponsorship License

To employ someone from overseas (outside EEA and Switzerland) in the UK office, you have to provide the Sponsorship Certificate to those employees. For this, you must obtain a sponsor license to be eligible to issue the Sponsorship Certificate.


  • You should have clean criminal records
  • Your track record of having a sponsorship license should be clean
  • You should have appropriate facilities to provide to your sponsored employees

Types of License

  • Tier-2 Skilled workers with long term jobs offer
  • Tier-5 skilled temporary workers

Steps to get a Sponsor License

  • You should be a business owner
  • Your business should be eligible
  • You should choose the type of license depending on the type of employee you wish to sponsor
  • You have to decide regarding the management of the sponsorship
  • You have to apply online
  • You have to pay the fees

The UK Visas and Immigration might visit your office premises for verification of the details provided from your side.

What happens after you apply?

  • You will receive a License rating
  • You become eligible to issue Certificate of Sponsorship to employees
  • Your license is valid for 4 years
  • You can lose your license if you do not perform your role as a sponsor properly

Your responsibilities

  • You must check that you assign the certificates only when the job is suitable for sponsorship
  • You must check tat your overseas employees are qualified as per the rules and regulations and have documents supporting this
  • You must infor the UKVI if your sponsored employees are not complying with the rules applicable on them