0207 993 6762

UK Visitor Visa – Entertainer

UK Visitor Visa –Entertainer

This route is for professionals as well as amateur entertainers coming to the UK to perform in competitions, festivals or take part in non-profit performances and auditions. Support and technical staff who help out in the smooth functioning of these events can also avail this visa. Here is a list of requirements to be met before you apply for this visa.


You can apply for this Visa under these conditions.

  • You are a professional entertainer
  • You do not belong to European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • You pass the basic eligibility requirements

You must be coming to the UK for the following.

  • You should be participating in 1 or more specific performances as part of a group
  • You should be performing at major festivals and cultural events
  • You should be part of a musical competition
  • You must be part of s technical support at the same event as the performer when you obtain an Entertainer Visitor Visa

You will eligible for payments under these circumstances

  • If you are a performer at an event from the permit-free festival list
  • If you win a prize money in a music competition

If you are performing for other paid events like theatre tour, you should apply for Tier 5 temporary Worker Creative and Sporting Visa instead.


  • Valid Passport
  • Passport size colour photographs
  • Proof showing availability of funds to support your trip or that your parents will be financially supporting your trip to the UK
  • Travel details, where do to intend to stay, etc
  • Tuberculosis Test Results from the country you belong to

You should also have the following documents.

  • Invitation to perform at a festival or event
  • Letter from your sponsors

Time Duration

You will get a decision on your visa in 3 weeks. The processing of your visa takes up to 3 months.
In case you want to switch or prolong your stay, you switch from your current visa to Tier 5 Temporary Worker Creative and Sporting Visa.
In case you are a regular visitor in the UK, you can apply for long-term visa. Your maximum stay in each visit is 6 months, while your visa can vary from 1 year up to 10 years.

Dos and Don’ts

Once you are eligible for the visa and have migrated to the UK, there are a few dos and don’ts that you must be aware of. Here are a few tips that might come handy.


  • You can stay in the UK for 6 months (maximum)
  • You can perform at cultural events an festivals mentioned on the permit free festival list
  • As a famous overseas performer, you can be part of broadcasts or public appearances
  • Your visa is applicable even after you have turned 18 during your trip
  • You can take part in an audition without an audience
  • You can be part of a charity show as long as you are not getting paid for it


  • You can’t live in the UK for extended periods even through frequent visits to the UK
  • You can’t get Public Funds
  • You can neither work or sell any kind of goods or merchandise
  • You can’t study
  • You can’t get private medical treatment
  • You can’t marry or register a civil partnership
  • You can’t get your family members on your application. They should apply separately.