0207 993 6762

UK Visitor Visa –Parent of a child at school

UK Visitor Visa –Parent of a child at school

This category is for individuals who wish to visit their children studying in a UK school or educational institution. The time duration up to which you can visit your child is up to 12 months.

Here is a list for your better understanding of the Parent of a Child in school Visitor Visa.


You can apply for this Visa under these conditions.

  • • You do not belong to European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
  • • Your child must be enrolled and attending an independent fee paying day school in the UK
  • • You pass the basic eligibility requirements


  • Valid Passport
  • Passport size colour photographs
  • Proof showing availability of funds to support your trip
  • Bank statements or pay slips of the last 6 months
  • Travel details, etc.
  • In case you are organ donor, you have to provide a letter from the UK’s National Health Service Trust’s Living Donor Kidney Transplant team

Time Duration

The processing of your visa takes up to 3 months.To simplify the process, fill in our FREE VISA ASSESSMENT form and let’s get started.

With this visa, you can stay up to 12 months, after which you can extend your visa for further 12 months.

In the following cases, your visa duration will less than 12 months and you are not eligible for an extension in visa if;

  • Your child will be having their 12th birthday in the next 12 months
  • Your child has completed / will be completing their final year in the next 12 months

Dos and Don’ts

Once you are eligible for the visa and have migrated to the UK, there are a few dos and don’ts that you must be aware of. Here are a few tips, which might come handy.


  • You can take up activities that are permitted
  • You can study in the UK for 30 days (provided it is not the main reason for your trip to the UK)


  • You can’t take up any kind of job, paid or unpaid
  • You can’t avail Public Funds
  • You can’t settle in the UK
  • You can’t carry out any kind of business activities
  • You can’t marry or register a civil partnership
  • You can’t live for long durations in the UK
  • You can’t get private medical treatment
  • You can’t switch to any other kind of visa